I loved making crafts with my kids and making them out of recyclable materials was a common theme for us. Why throw something away when you can find another use for it? Here are a couple of ideas we used ourselves!
1. Take an old pair of tights or knee socks in any color. Stuff batting inside and as you stuff it, bend it into a snake shape.
2. You can tie the loose end closed with some yarn, ribbon, or twine.
3. Cut out fun shapes from fabric scraps or colored felt and glue them onto your snake however you’d like. You can glue on fabric eyes or if you have any googly eyes, you can use those.
Caterpillar Bag Saver
1. Take an empty tissue box and paint it brown like a tree trunk.
2. Take 5 green pom poms and glue them on top of your box to look like a caterpillar. Let the kids decorate it with bits of felt, colored or glitter glue dots, or tiny pom poms. To make eyes, use tiny black pom poms or googly eyes.
3. Store your empty plastic shopping bags inside the hole in the tree trunk.
Make a Difference With One Click!
For every unique click to the Scott Naturals 4 Week Test Drive site, the company is donating $1 to the National Wildlife Federation up to $25,000!
Click, click, click!
Between now and September 30th, you can also pledge to take a 4 Week Test Drive of Scott Naturals, the world’s first line of hybrid paper products, combining the green benefits of recycled material with the quality we all insist upon.
And….you can enter to win a Ford Fusion hybrid car!
Win It! One lucky reader will win a Scott Naturals Kit (bath tissue, paper towel, flushable moist wipes, napkins)
Mandatory Entry: Tell me about something that you have creatively recycled.
Optional Extra Entries (After you’ve done the mandatory entry, you may do as many of these extra entries as you would like, but leave a separate comment for each entry.)
- Click to donate. (Each unique click donates $1 to the National Wildlife Federation.)
- Like Scott Naturals on Facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me publicly on google friend connect – 2 entries
- Subscribe by email (leave email used – must activate) – 2 entries
- Like A Nut in a Nutshell on facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me on twitter @blueviolet and tweet the giveaway- may be done once daily – 1 entry (leave direct url to tweet) copy and paste the following:
Take a green step! Enter to #win a #ScottNaturals prize pack and take the #ScottTestDrive 4 week challenge! #giveaway http://bit.ly/eFk9IG
- Enter any of my active giveaways (listed in right sidebar) – 1 entry each
- Add my Mother’s Day Event button to your sidebar – 2 entries (leave url so I can come see it)
- Add my blog url to your text blog roll, add my button to your blog, blog about the giveaway – 2 entries each (leave link)
I received compensation from Scott Naturals and The Motherhood for this post. All opinions are my own.
WINNER: #70 Denise S.