With the new year just a few days away, now’s the time to commit to making skin care health a priority. ‘Tis the season to moisturize!
12 days of skin tips for a beautiful healthy-looking glow:
1) Wear gloves to protect your hands from the harsh winter elements.
2) Take shorter showers and use lukewarm water. Hot water can strip skin of its natural oils and nutrients.
3) Run a humidifier at night to help add moisture to the air and give a boost to skin.
4) When washing hands, use lukewarm water, gentle soap and apply moisturizer right after drying.
5) 3 steps to revive dry feet. 1) Remove dry, flaky skin with a pumice stone. 2) Apply a rich moisturizer, like Eucerin’s Aquaphor Healing Ointment before bed. 3) Lock in the moisture with a pair of socks.
6) For dry, itchy skin relief try Eucerin Calming Crème (with oatmeal).
7) Chemicals and allergens in certain makeups, perfumes, soaps, and detergents can cause skin irritation. Avoid those products and use gentle cleansers!
8) Snow reflects sunlight, so be sure to wear SPF all year round. Use a product like Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 30.
9) Coarse fabrics can cause itchiness if you have sensitive skin. Wear something silky!
10) Getting a full six to eight hours of sleep is important for your overall well-being and helps your skin look its best.
11) To keep lips hydrated and soothe chapping, try applying a few drops of olive oil and honey or pick up Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect SPF 30.
12) Bundle up with hats and scarves and wear a rich moisturizer to protect exposed skin from the sandpaper-like effects of wind.
This is part of my daily skin routine in the winter. It locks in moisture and makes my skin feel hydrated all day.
If your skin has ever been wind-chapped, you know how painful that can be, and I love the quick relief of this lotion. It’s no wonder that it sports the Good Housekeeping Seal; it’s extremely effective.
Connect with Eucerin:
· Visit the Skindicator App for a personalized skin care regimen recommendation from Eucerin’s Skin First Dermatologists.
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EucerinUS (Make sure to get a free sample there.)
· Twitter: @EucerinUS
· You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/eucerinUS
One lucky reader will win a Healthy Skin Kit gift pack which includes: Eucerin Smoothing Repair Dry Skin Lotion, Eucerin Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion, moisturizing gloves, a pumice stone, and a $100 Visa Gift Card!
I received a gift pack to facilitate the review. All opinions are my own.