Have you tried Jimmy Dean Hearty Sausage Crumbles? They’re fully cooked and ready to serve bits of sausage, perfect for use in recipes!
The crumbles are available in three varieties: Original, Hot and Turkey Sausage, and they are packaged in resealable pouches.
I picked up the Original Hearty Sausage Crumbles last weekend in order to make a Sausage Pinwheels recipe I had seen on their website, but I changed a couple of things to “lighten” it up.
Sausage Pinwheel Bites
1 can (8 oz) refrigerated light crescent rolls
1/4 cup Reduced Fat Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme
1/2 cup Jimmy Dean Regular Hearty Sausage Crumbles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unroll crescent dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Firmly press perforations together so that you have 4 dough rectangles instead of 8. Each should be about 8×5-inches in size.
3. Spread the Italian Cheese & Herb cooking creme over each rectangle (about 1 Tbsp each). Sprinkle 2 Tbsp sausage crumbles on top.
4. Starting from short end, roll up and seal the long edges. Cut each roll into 5 slices with a serrated knife.
5. Place spirals cut side up on greased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets and serve warm.
Makes 20 pinwheels and they’re only about 50 calories each!
They’re surprisingly flavorful for little bite-sized snacks, and I love ‘em so much that I’m going to make them again for the Super Bowl.
Speaking of Super Bowl snacks, there are lots of great appetizer recipes on the Jimmy Dean website. I want to try this Southwest Sausage dip next!
Three (3) lucky readers will win two Jimmy Dean free product coupons (each valued at up to $8.49).
No compensation was received. Product coupons were provided. All opinions are my own.