Carbon monoxide poisoning is a hidden household danger that can be deadly in minutes.
The good news is that you can prevent carbon monoxide poisoning by making sure you have a working carbon monoxide alarm. The bad news is that 75% of homes have a source of CO, but only half of those homes have working CO alarms.
Statistics don’t lie, and the statistics are frightening.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas, making it a silent killer. Do you have a CO alarm in your house? Please, please, please get one if you don’t.
I was just sent a Kidde Worry-Free Carbon Monoxide Alarm to replace the one I had. The Kidde worry-free alarm has a ten year sensor and ten year sealed lithium battery!
Benefits and Features
- 10 years of continuous sensing and power – no battery replacements and no low battery chirps
- Always on – 24 hrs/day, 7 days week
- 85 decibel alarm – loud enough to wake the average sleeping adult.
- Nighthawk electro-chemical sensor detects CO.
- End of life – chirps every 30-45 seconds after 10 years. A hush button can pause the alarm for up to 3 days. At the end of the alarm’s life, it can be deactivated for safe battery disposal, but the tamper resistant feature disables the alarm from being re-mounted.
Replace the entire unit with another Worry-Free CO alarm, and you’ll be protected for another 10 years!
Be sure to enter the Kidde’s Worry-Free Mom Sweeps too for your chance to win a $200 gift card! If you ‘share’ the sweeps with family and friends, you could also win a $20 ITunes gift card. Visit Kidde on Facebook to enter and for more details.
Be sure to ‘share’ this sweepstakes with your friends and family and you also could win a $20 ITunes gift card! (5 winners)
One lucky reader will win a Kidde Worry-Free Carbon Monoxide Alarm!
A gift card was received. All opinions are my own.