I have been selected by ConAgra Foods and Kraft Foods to be a spokesperson for the RO*TEL and VELVEETA Queso for All campaign. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own.
When I want to cook something that makes me feel warm and happy inside, I always think of casseroles. Nothing says comfort food to me like a casserole does, especially when I’ve been freezing my rumpadump off outside for one reason or another.
It’s a total bonus that almost all casseroles I make have cheese inside. Oh, how I love that melted cheesy goodness, and this Spicy Chicken Spaghetti recipe is full of liquid gold.
I found it on the Kraft Recipes site, and I couldn’t resist making it (with a couple twists, of course). It uses VELVEETA cheese, and while I tend to use shredded cheese in my recipes, VELVEETA is perfect for those where I want the creamiest of creaminess.
Get your spaghetti cooking and then start on the sauce. Cut the cheese into cubes to make it easier to melt into a sauce and put into a skillet.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the cheese, then cook and stir until everything is all blended and smooth.
Combine the sauce and your cooked pasta into a lightly greased casserole dish. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and enjoy!
The creamy cheese, spicy tomatoes and smoky bacon balance each other beautifully. This is a recipe I’ll be making over and over.
- ¾ lb. spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 can (12 oz) premium chunk white chicken
- ¾ lb. (12 oz.) VELVEETA, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) 98%-fat-free condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Habaneros, undrained (for a little less spice use RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies)
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup milk (if you like a slightly thinner sauce, add a little more milk)
- Optional: Cilantro for garnish
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt.
- While pasta is cooking, add remaining ingredients to a skillet; cook and stir over med. high heat until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Drain spaghetti, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Add to chicken mixture and gently combine ingredients. Spread in a 13×9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro.
For more VELVEETA inspiration or ideas for Thanksgiving recipes, you may want to visit the Kraft Recipes site.