Our holiday to-do lists are still lengthy, and as time runs short and we try to do everything perfectly, we may find ourselves more than a little overwhelmed. Top Chef Richard Blais has some holiday entertaining tips that can help make things a little easier on us.
1. Plan ahead. Organize your menu and grocery list ahead of time to avoid last minute dashes to the grocery store the day of. Don’t forget to pick up a bottle of Benefiber®!
2. Organize the kitchen. Take inventory of your refrigerator and throw out anything you don’t need to make room for fresh produce and vegetable platters.
3. Incorporate fruits and veggies that are in season. Using the season’s abundance of fresh produce will add a little zest to your dish of choice without taking too much from your wallet. For added fiber, mix in Benefiber® to help you and your guests reach your daily intake. (I did that at my Benefiber brunch!)
4. A little seasoning can go a long way. A great way to cut back on the salt without sacrificing flavor is by substituting for your favorite herbs and spices. You don’t want your food to be tasteless – only your added Benefiber®.
5. Serve dinner buffet style. Set the food in one area and invite guests to select what they want to eat. It will be more fun for your guests to move around and interact with each other around the buffet table.
One lucky reader will win a $100 American Express gift card and a package of Benefiber.
I’m a Benefiber brand ambassador. I’ve been compensated for my work, but all opinions are my own.